Monday, August 24, 2015

Recent Oil Change & Then Some . . . 

I had my oil changed this morning at 176, 008 miles on August 24, 2015.  The last oil change I had was back on May 26, 2015.  I didn't write down the miles, so I can't tell how many miles it had been between changes unless I locate the receipt from May 26th.  So the change this morning cost me $21.08.

Richard's new mechanic said that the brake pads AND a resurfacing is due for my front disc brakes.  I don't know.  I have been feeling lately that Richard looks for things to charge me on.  I don't like that if, in fact, that is what he is doing.  Then I learned that the head gasket is leaking. Well, Leif changed that back on July 22, 2014--just one year ago.  Why is that failing me?  This makes me doubt his work.  I don't know what to make of it, of these developments.  Can't tell if people are doing right by me any more.  I have to just learn this auto-mechanic stuff on my own I guess.  Also, there is a leak coming from the oil pan gasket.  It's one thing after another.  Richard said that he would charge me $185 for the brake pads and a resurfacing.  I told him that I would show up tomorrow morning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment