Thursday, August 3, 2017

Oil mixing in coolant overflow. Not good. It's either transmission fluid mixing in the overflow or engine oil. Both, maybe? Probably transmission fluid, since my transmission is almost shot.
What else should I know about this? The fact that one mechanic refused to even work on my car. He said straight out--get another car.

Could be that the head gasket cracked and can no longer keep engine oil inside the engine.  Pressure builds up and oil leaks all over and throughout the engine.  

This was helpful. 

What next?  He keeps citing a bad head gasket for the reason of the overflow, and I am sure that that is a culprit.  But I had my head gasket replaced.  Can it be that the thing was replaced poorly?  I can't tell.  How can anyone ever tell?  The gasket is hidden beneath the head cover. Head gaskets protect against pressure leaks.   

Definitely looks like coolant flushing works to clear out the oil.  



What next?  Engine Cooling Systems.


It helps if you know how the coolant system works.  This was a decent video, since it identifies the different parts of the cooling system.  

No comments:

Post a Comment